Saturday, Nov. 20: teacher-led & teacher-driven PD, #Manitoulin style on Sept. 20, 2014 with Rob Ridley (@RangerRidley):
Rob Ridley (@RangerRidley), Coordinator of the Field Centres for the Peel District School Board, will be our guest speaker for the first hour.
Notes from Rob’s talk:
- Rob in Caledon area
- turn a one day pond study into a month or year long learning experience.
- “In Provincial Parks: Take only photographs and leave only footprints”
- BYOD can be used for photography (no need for wifi)
- Photos for character building - BubbleFrame (Apple only)
- Twitter - timed tweets
- Flipagram - add video / modern music
- Device scavenger hunt - for Habitats
Specific links from our Twitter feed:
- Example of BubbleFrame image
- Example of ThingLink
- Example of Vine
- #KindergartenBioBlitz Pinterest page
Take 30 minutes to go out into the school. Find five examples of different parts of speech. Be creative!
- Use a device to take photos of your examples
- Use Skitch to annotate your photos - which part of speech are you showing and a synonym for it.
- Be prepared to share!
Here’s the result of some of our efforts!
Once back in the room, we’ll look at tools to help us share these images.
- Aviva’s grade 1 class on Twitter
- Jonathan’s grade 2 class on Storify
- Heather’s grade 10 class in a blog
Take some time to plan how you can try some of these ideas in your classroom with your curriculum! We’ll have a handout to help guide you, but the time really is yours to collaborate, try, explore, research and create. Let us know how we can help!
At the end of the session, a storify record was made of all the tweets from today. You can find that record here.
Playing with Skitch
Great group to learn with:
Next IGNITEd session will be in November. Stay tuned!